Kids were playing in the family room today while I was making dinner, and some guitar song came on KBCO - like a Stevie Ray Vaughan ballad or something - and M got up on the arm of the leather chair and started dancing to it and asked me to come dance with her. She looked so beautiful (which of course I can't tell her without her getting angry that I'm complementing her - she got mad at me today for telling her she was a cool kid) just dancing up there to this beautiful guitar riff. She stayed up there for another song before coming down, and I just love to watch her express her joy in music like that. None of the rest of us in the family are very musical, and she really loves music and dance. She's always very excited about what her preschool class does each day in the LMC (large motor center) where they do 30 minutes of music and movement. G always liked it just because he likes physical activity, but she really appreciates the activities they do and how the music and movement work together, she gets so much out of it.
Tonight G asked me where I was going to be when I left his room (they ask this every night at bedtime, after one time when D and I were in the front yard looking at our new roof and they both freaked out because they couldn't find us). I told him downstairs washing dishes. He asked what next, bed? I said yes. He asked what time are you going to bed? I told him 10. Hadn't left my mouth before I realized we'd just talked about the fact that it was 8:15, and he would know I must be doing something between washing dishes and going to bed. Sure enough, he immediately said "washing dishes won't take you till 10 o'clock, what are you doing between dishes and bed?" So I had to admit that I would probably watch a tv show (the Mentalist - red john and the psychic!).
Game plan tomorrow - soccer game at 9am, then up to Wellington CO near Ft Collins to the farm where we get our veggie CSA share to get a pumpkin.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment