Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lovely weekend

Haven't posted in a long time. We had such a lovely weekend this weekend, I have to write about it. No housework or errands or work.

Friday night, the four of us went to Chipotle for dinner and their killer happy hour and then went to Union Station to see the HO scale trains in the basement.

Saturday, I took M to music class in the morning. Then I took G and M swimming at the rec center, and after, we all went to G's end of season basketball party there for lunch. Then we went to the RV and boat show at the National Western Stockshow Complex and met up with friends there. We spent a LONG time there, and then went to dinner after.

This morning, I dropped G off at a friend's house and then went to a meeting with other Brown parents to organize a 5K at Sloan's Lake for the school this May. This afternoon, I took the kids to the central library to check out some new books, and on a whim we decided to go to the art museum after, which is right next door to the library. It was the most lovely and relaxing weekend with the kids, and I so enjoyed it.

And I just love our neighborhood and where we live. We saw three of G's teachers Friday night while we were eating, ran into two other families we know at the pool, saw several other Brown families at the basketball party who are on G's team, and we're 5 minutes from downtown and Union Station and the stock show complex. I'm so happy we live in central Denver, tiny house and yard and all.

CO's school funding is extremely low and about to get axed some more, and Brown's families have managed to raise over $30K for the school so far this year. The funding doesn't go to extras, it goes to things like copiers, paper, and text books. It is a sad and sorry state of things. That's another post that's more somber, but I'm proud to be part of such a great school community and such a great neighborhood. We have tons of neighborhood events that benefit all of the public schools in our neighborhood, and it's inspiring.

No comments: